In my recent experience in working with food storage, I have found that there are so many people INTIMIATED by Food Storage. In fact, so much to the point that they totally avoid it. The canning session in August was such a rewarding experience for all of us. Many women felt like they were alone in being the novice. NOT SO! The MAJORITY of those who signed up to can food - had never done it before. Within 3o minutes, those who had previously been nervous about the whole situtation, now felt comfortable to help the next new person.
During this experience I realized something that I never had before. What I discovered was the IMPORTANCE of coming and acutally DOING THE PHYSICAL CANNING of the food YOUR SELF! There's something magical that happens as you obey the prophet's words. It's like a "nesting instinct" that kicks in and you want to do more! It is the most incredible thing to watch! Look at the pictures below and you can almost feel the sastisfaction that these sisters felt as they prepared for the hard times ahead.
How do I start? Ask for help and sign up for food! We will have one more canning day in 2008. It is on October 16th. Watch for sign ups!
www.providentliving.org/pfw/multimedia/files/pfw/pdf/121874_Fall2009WE_HomeStoragePriceSheet_pdf.pdf
-