Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More Canning Questions

1. If you buy by the can, instead of bulk is the price for gas included? Yes, the price for food, can and gas is calculated into being .75 cents a can.

2. If I want to buy only 6 cans of oats do I need to find someone to take the other 3 cans? No, just write down how many cans you want, come help can, and we will match other individual buys with the rest.

3. Do I sign up for a specific time slot in the morning or evening? Will it take all 3 hours? No to both. You may come anytime during those time slots and it may only take you a little time if you have a small order. If you have a large one, you will need more time.

4. Can I bring my kids? Yes, but please be considerate of others there. You know your kids well enough to know if they will be good long enough for you to accomplish what you need. If you have a baby, bring a playpen and realize that if you have a large order, you may need your husbands help.

5. What is the exact procedure I should go through to place my order and pay for my food?

  • Call or email your ward contact person. (see names below)
  • Your ward contact will help you figure out your order of food and the total amount due
  • You will pay 2 separate times:
  • FIRST TIME - For food and gas - make check payable to ward contact
  • SECOND TIME - At the end of your canning session you pay for cans used and buckets used. (If you want buckets you need to order them in the beginning but pay at the end)